Ayahuasca – Santo Daime Library
|Law: international juridical recognition of ayahuasca ritual useBrazil – France – Italy – Spain – New Mexico (USA) – The Netherlands
|ONU – International Narcotics Control Board (INCB).
2001 – HTML International Control on Ayahuasca [english] [italiano] [francé]. January, 17th, 2001, official letter to the Dutch Health Minister.
ONU – General Assembly.
|Conselho National AntiDrogas (CONAD).
2004 – PDF RESOLUÇÃO Nº 4 [portugues] [italiano HTML] – CONAD, DE 4 DE NOVEMBRO DE 2004.
|SILVA SÁ, Domingos Bernardo Gialluisi.
1996 – HTML “Ayahuasca, a consciência da expansão“, in: Discursos sediciosos. Crime, Direito e Sociedade. Rio del Janeiro, Istitudo Carioca de Criminologia, Anno 1, n° 2, 2° sem. 1996, pp. 145-174.
|2005 – PDF COUR D’APPEL DE PARIS (disponibile su richiesta a firstname.lastname@example.org)10ème chambre, section B [francé] [italiano] (acquittal on Santo Daime French Church / sentenza di prosciglimento per la Chiesa Frencese del Santo Daime).
BARROS SOUZA, Marcelo. Prior of the Benedictine Monastery of the Annunciation in Goias (Brazil).
|CALLAWAY, James C.
2001 – Personal letter written for the juridical recognition of Santo Daime ritual use in France.
ISER – Instituto de Estudos da Religião (Religion Studies Institute), Rio de Janeiro – Brazil.
2004 – Scientific Report realized for the juridical recognition of Santo Daime ritual use in Italy.
New Mexico – USA
2002, August 12 – PDF DISTRICT COURT OF NEW MEXICO – Decision.
2002, November 11 – PDF DISTRICT COURT OF NEW MEXICO – Preliminary Injunction Order.
2003, September 03 – HTML 10th CIRCUIT COURT – Decision
2004, November 12 – HTML 10th CIRCUIT COURT – Opinion
2004, December 03 – UDV – PDF Response in Opposition to Emergency Stay Application. [Attachment].
2005, July – USA GOVERNMENT – PDF Brief to the Supreme Court.
2005, September 09 – UDV – PDF Brief of UDV Respondents to the Supreme Court.
2005, September – Amicus Curiae Filings – In support of the UDV’s case before the United States Supreme Court, nine different amicus curiae (friend of the court) legal briefs have been submitted, by a number of individuals and organizations, each addressing different aspects of this important legal case.
1) PDF A brief was submitted on behalf of a coalition of religious and civil liberties organizations including The National Association of Evangelicals, The National Council of Presbyterian Churches, The Baptist Joint Committee, The American Civil Liberties Union, and The Foundation for the Free Exercise of Religion. [Appendix]
2) PDF A brief submitted by The Conference of Catholic Bishops asking the Supreme Court to use its authority to affirm the constitutional guarantee of the free exercise of religion in the UDV case.
3) PDF A brief submitted by The Becket Foundation for Religious Liberty representing itself, The American Jewish Committee, The American Jewish Congress, The Association on American Indian Affairs, and The Unitarian Universalist Association, and others, asking the Supreme Court to reject any arguments made by another group of amici, questioning the constitutionality of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.
4) PDF A brief submitted by The International Academy for Freedom of Religion and Belief, in support of the UDV’s position, educating the court with respect to the important international law and treaty issues raised by government in this case on appeal.
5) PDF A brief submitted by The Liberty Legal Institute in support of the UDV also addressing the responsibilities of the United States Government under the treaties and international law issues raised in this case.
6) PDF A brief submitted on behalf of a group of scientists and public policy experts in support of the UDV, arguing that they have reviewed the medical evidence presented in the case and concluded that the record overwhelmingly supports the district court’s findings.
7) PDF A brief submitted on behalf of the Council on Spiritual Practices and a group of distinguished professors in the area of world religion in support of the UDV. The brief was written to educate the court with respect to the venerable history of plant sacraments (like the UDV’s hoasca) over centuries of human religious history.
8) PDF A brief submitted by a group of research scientists and public policy experts arguing that the Controlled Substance Act and the international drug treaties do not apply to the UDV’s religious use of its plant sacrament.
9) PDF A brief submitted by Professor Douglas Laycock, former advisor to Congress on issues of religious freedom, in support of the district court’s decision in favor of the UDV. Prof. Laycock’s brief argues that the district court was correct to grant the UDV’s request for a preliminary injunction under RFRA.
NEW! – 2006, February 21 – PDF SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES – Opinion of the Court [HTML]. [breve commento in italiano] [commentary in english]
MEYER, D. Matthew.
|JUZGADO CENTRAL DE INSTRUCCION N° 3 – MADRID [MADRID COURT]
2000 – JPG ACQUITTAL on Santo Daime Spanish Church [español: JPG – HTML] (sentenza di prosciglimento per la Chiesa spagnola del Santo Daime).
|MINISTERIO DE JUSTICIA, Instituto Nazional de Toxicologìa, Servicio de Informaciòn Toxicològica
2000 – INFORME N° 04508/00 Ampliaciòn [italiano HTML].
BISPOS CATOLICOS reunidos em Asemblea National
FERREIRA, Francisco Whitaker – Secretário Executivo, COMISSION BRASILEÑA JUSTICIA Y PAZ.
BARBANOJ M., RIBA J.
2000 – PDF Support letter for Santo Daime members addressed to the Spanish judge [espanol] [HTML].
FERICGLA, Josep Ma.
2000 – PDF Support letter for Santo Daime members addressed to the Spanish judge [portuguese] [HTML].
2000 – Personal letter written for the juridical recognition of Santo Daime ritual use in Spain.
|MONTALVO D.A., ALBIACH J.M.S., CANDIANI L., PANACH J.V.R., HIDALGO B.
2000 – Estudo Etno-botanico sobre la Ayahuasca y DMT, realized on April, 4th, 2000 for the juridical recognition of Santo Daime ritual use in Spain.
MORELLI, Don Mauro. Catholic Bishop in Duque de Caixas, RJ – Brazil.
SCHULTES, Richard Evans.
|DISTRICT COURT OF AMSTERDAM
2001 – HTML ABRIDGED JUDGMENT [english] [italiano] (acquittal on Santo Daime Dutch Church / sentenza di prosciglimento per la Chiesa Olandese del Santo Daime).